The Critical Pass Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for your interest in The Critical Pass Review. Please be sure to choose the correct submission category for magazine submissions (poetry, fiction, or visual artwork), for blog submissions, or for our contest (The Critical Junior Poet’s Award Contest), as applicable. You may submit to all (the magazine, the blog, and our contest), provided that each of your submissions is in accordance with our relevant guidelines and that our reading period is open for the contest to which you are submitting. Carefully read the submission guidelines to determine what information to include with your submission and to learn about the open submission periods.
For regular magazine and blog submissions:
Please submit no more than one submission in a given category while a decision from us is outstanding; multiple submissions sent in the same category will be returned unread. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable; please notify us immediately if the work has been accepted elsewhere.
If you wish to withdraw all or part of your submission, please do so in the following manner:
- For prose and visual artwork submissions, please use your submittable.com account to withdraw your work (note: visual artwork is not a submission category for the website),
- For poetry and blog submissions, please use your submittable.com account to add a note to your submission listing the titles of works no longer available for consideration.
We will only consider work that has not been previously published.
For magazine publication, we consider:
- short fiction, flash fiction, and essays (up to 5,000 words)
- poetry (up to 5 poems; please format and submit as a single document)
- excerpts (up to 10 pages) from larger works of fiction
- visual artwork for the magazine only (up to 5 pieces; .jpeg, .png, or .pdf formats only)
For publication in our blog, we consider:
- fully researched, original articles, reviews, and interviews (up to 700 words) (sources and research must be disclosed)
We do not accept:
- unsolicited reviews (except for the blog submission category)
- unsolicited interviews (except for the blog submission category)
- email submissions (please use the submittable.com system on our site)
- previously published material
- works created by persons under the age of 13
- works that are plagiarized